tiistai 27. elokuuta 2013

Latest Cowboys

These are the latest additions to my cowboy posse. I've been trying to vary colours and techniques as well as be bolder with highlights. I do struggle with saturation and colours in general, but they just need practise.



 The bases did also experience some changes. I tried switching from baked sculpey to pure cork.
It proved to be easier to work with, but its not as firm as sculpey, time will tell if miniatures will stick to it as well as they do with Fimo.
I originally planned on adding all kind of cowboy stuff to the bases, so I made one cactus from greenstuff and one rattlesnake from wire and vallejo gel.

With the second guy from left I tried a new method of painting black. It seems to slowly click into place, I feel it takes few tries more, and I get where I want with it.
The snake looks like from children's story, goofy and not menacing at all, but I like it nevertheless :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti