sunnuntai 11. tammikuuta 2015

Paper plants for jungle bases

I am locking my basing scheme for the chindits. During the course of it I made up a way to make plants that look a bit more tropical than regular static grass.

 First of all, few pictures of the latest addition to the platoon, mortar team. I'm really happy with the basing, so happy in fact, that I don't even give a shit that the private feeding the mortar has crooked eyes :)











Ok, next up, how to get those plants done.
 I start off with a strip of regular paper. In the picture, one square is 1x1 cm. In this stage size really does not matter as long as it is somewhere in vicinity.
 I then fold the paper 4 times. It could probably be folded more than that, but cutting it becomes increasingly harder with each added layer.
 Next, I cut the "leaves". Just longish pointy spikes. This stage defines how long your leaves will be. These are probably a bit too long for 25mm base, but suit larger bases better.
 Open up the cut paper strip to reveal the plants.
 I then take a iron wire, tip it to superglue..
 ..make a fold to the plant, and glue the wire to it. After that, I start rolling the plant over the wire, adding a bit of superglue every now and then to keep the plant intact.
 This is where I'm aiming for.
Next up, I make PVA glue + water mixture and take a  terrain brush. I start wetting the whole plant, and mould the leaves, so they hang like their natural counterparts do.
Voila'.
I repeat this after the first layer has dried up. After 2 layers, the paper plant gets plastic like consistency, so it holds form and does not break from normal handling.


And here's the actual plant. I painted it with Vallejo Black Green wash, it highlights the white paper nicely after PVA glue has been applied and dried.

After this its just to snip the stem to right height and plant it to the base.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti