maanantai 22. syyskuuta 2014

1st demo base ready

So, here's the first base of the series I mean to make for these guys.


 I molded some beesputty to woodgrained plates and cut them to planks. After that I glued them to the base, and added few gold dubloons.
The small ball bearing in the picture is from a ballpoint pen. You see after few pictures why ;)
 Then black basecoat, charred brown base, and khaki drybrush. Following that, agrax earthshade and few drops of Secret Weapon "Baby Poop" for mold.
 I brought some highlights back with khaki and painted the dubloons.
 Oh yea, here's my super secret wood grain roller, it saves a lot of time as I don't have to engrave them individually.
Below it is a new tool to make nails in the planks (from a ballpoint pen). I guess it can also be used to make buttons etc.
 I thought the color scheme could have been a bit lighter, but I just could not resist trying it out :)
 One of my better works!

2 kommenttia:

  1. Well now, mister, you've made quite stunning figure with that themed base! Really nice!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks, I appreciate it!
    Sometimes the result looks like the plan.

    VastaaPoista