torstai 30. toukokuuta 2013

Viginette for my girls

..and yea, thats a parking ticket at the background..

I was about to throw away a bunch of CD disks when the mad hobbyist woke in me and told me to find some use for them.

I like terrain, and I love my shieldmaidens, so I thought to give a viginette a try. First, I covered the CD with magnetic sheet to grab the metal at the bases of the shieldmaidens.

I then made a mud mix from matt medium, static grass, maidenhair, brown + black paint, and not cleaned sand. The result is like forest floor, uneven, and if raised, you get root growth protruding because of the maidenhair. I also glued a couple of plaster stones from woodland scenics into the scene.

While the mix was still wet, I did a scatter run with different scenic scatters, that way they get nicely mixed into the ground, and dont require a separate pva gluing.















Then I painted the rocks grey, did some shading with green, washed them with black, and drybrushed them. After that I slapped on pva glue unevenly, and used my trusty old static grass applicator.





At the very end, I did one more bush with woodland scenics products, and it was finished.

As this was the first, and learning experience, the next will have to include some sort of "thing" to catch the eye, runestone, dead body or something.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti