maanantai 2. syyskuuta 2013

Sculpting a BB troll (WIP)

I'm starting to build a orc team to Blood Bowl, so I of course need a troll to go with it. As the rest of the team will most likely be converted from GW products, I looked GW trolls as well first. They were expensive and not very troll like in my humble opinion. So, I thought to give sculpting a try for the first time..
I started by making a wire armature to which I attached Fimo sculpey. It soon became apparent that Fimo cannot be used to sculpt anything detailed, so those parts will be made from greenstuff instead.
The stage shown here has taken 2 days, most of which has been waiting besides oven for Fimo to bake, or looking at greenstuff hardening.
All in all, this has been extremely fun, so fun in fact, that I ordered some Beesputty that is supposed to be the real deal as far as sculpting is concerned.
As seen between his legs, I decided to go with anatomically "correct" male troll, the reason being "because I can" :)


4th time in oven started to produce cracks in the back..


2 kommenttia:

  1. Hieno sklupti tulossa, tässähän paljastuu piileviä talentteja!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Loistavaa! Tälläistä on aina hieno katsella :)

    VastaaPoista