tiistai 1. lokakuuta 2013

Battle against the painting queue

This week, Ive been mostly painting U.S rangers to get correct platoon composition for Chain of Command, I was missing riflemen mostly. After painting over 10k points worth of American troops to Flames of War, I have a pretty established routine of painting them, and it applies well to 28mm, I just tone the colours down a bit, 15mm needs more contrast and stronger colours overall.

Basically, I paint the main colours and slap in Liberton Bistrot furniture varnish blended (3/1) with turpentine. It is a army painter quickshade equivalent, but better and stronger tone, and available from hardware stores in various colours. I have a clubmate, JussiV to thank for the idea. He has influenced my painting tremendously in other ways too, like the use of ink stencils for blacklining and painting the pupils of the eyes + tons of other techniques and tools.
After that I enhance and cleanup the colours a bit, but leave the jackets a bit messy for a sort of weathering. These guys also got all insignia and rank markings painted instead of decals. Decals are a bit uglier and bulky, and painting them is not that time consuming anyways. 







I cleaned and basecoated another batch of troops too from storage. I had misplaced one tripod for .30cal MG, so I had the opportunity to make one. I was not looking any reference photos until it was finished, so the first fitting of MG was backwards (middle picture), but the final version is right.
Now looking at the photo, the tripod fitting is too bulky, I need to make a mental note and cut it down before painting.



















You guys hold on, General Bradley is bringing more firepower!
Here are the rest, its Omar Bradley, support weapons and four jump-off markers for Chain of Command, all work in process still. They have to wait now, as the next active project will be..
WAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!
Orc team for eurobowl in Vienna later this month. Its GW 40k boyz, Fatasy battle Black orcs and my own Troll.
In the background stands my BB Dark Elf turn marker that got the freehands while I was painting the U.S troops.
To be honest, I made a decision of doing NMM on these, and I have no idea if I can paint them in time because of that.. That, and I ran out of greenstuff to make the final modifications.. Ah, glorious deadlines.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti