tiistai 28. heinäkuuta 2015

Hoplites and bit of mercenaries with few twists

 I have nearly completed 2 boxes, one hoplite and one mercenary box.



 The mercenary posse was a bit slower for the white colour. I did not think I could quickshade it. For last 15 I tried a mixture of transparent + brown polyurethane furniture varnish. It worked quite well, so I´ll use that for the Spartans I have waiting.
I have surprised myself while painting this bunch, it has been quite enjoyable for some reason. I have never liked painting large armies, but somehow it has now been ok.
 I also bought a box of skeletons for the hell of it. They came with Greek looking armament, so I have been assembling some of them too. I think I´ll hide few in the Greek battle line during our Hail Caesar campaign.
They are fast to assemble and bend into cool poses. I originally ment to use them as terrain/basing elements, but I think I can spare few assembled too.

As for this guy, I just could not resist the shield decal. CSM decal sheet has a lot of cool looking patterns, I think I´ll sink few more in too.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Nice skeletons! Reminds me of age old classic, Jason and the Argonauts and those stop motion skeletons ;)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yep, it was only like 24€ for them all. They are excellent in terrain or basing. Or as undying soldiers of me!!!!

    VastaaPoista