torstai 13. joulukuuta 2018

Warlord Games Cruel Seas - US Coastal Force unboxing


 After a year of silence here, I had to write as I took on a totally new challenge, both in scale and type. 1:300 coastal boat action.

The game is warlord's Cruel Seas. As I am biased toward US forces always, I went ahead and ordered the US Navy Coastal Force, that seemed to offer all current US boats, extra miniature and rulebook.
 The official starter box is US NAvy Fleet, with few PT boats, really cool landing crafts, fighter and couple of larger boats.
The Landing crafts alone sparked and idea of linked Bolt Action scenarios, who knows, maybe my rangers do get to see some action in future..
 Second box was more PT boats.
 The special miniature is aptly named "Das Boot".

I can hear the melody already in my mind...
 All in all, starter box has pretty nice selection of stuff, maybe the only complain are the uglier than in warlord gamepley video mist (?) markers for shooting. In videos they looked different, maybe some modding helps.
Wake markers could look better too, maybe sculpt them somehow myself etc.
 Close up of the miniatures.
 And of the other stuff.
 Contents of the PT box.
Here's first PT assembled. Here is the first real complaint of this box set.
There is really no instructions how to assemble the models, and you have some different options at least for the 2 types of PT's. The biggest pain came with the mast position which I hope I got right. Not a major gripe, took 15 minutes of googling, but could have been easily avoided by Warlord by adding at least some instructions to the box.
Also, there are some mold lines, but nothing a little sandpapering wouldn't fix.
Next, Im going to paint this before assembling the other lot, I need to see how it looks.
I guess highlighting and contrasting are the key.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti