keskiviikko 13. maaliskuuta 2013

Nothmen are coming!

Troll stepped down for few days because of viking invasion.

Cleaned up and awaiting strings



I got my archers and cavalry for my ancient battles army, and I started basing them, and making strings for the bows. Minis are from Black Tree Design, and they are both well sculpted and relatively easy to clean up as are all their figures.

I have never done bowstrings before, but my plan is to use thin wire, glue + wrap one end first, then tighten it and glue the other end.

I'll use paperclips as arrows, I'll flatten both ends with pliers and file the pointy end to shape, they are pretty convincing looking.
Sorry about the terrible picture, phone camera did not focus.
I used iron clouts as bases, they are excellent because they stick to magnetic movement trays and bring some additional weight to the miniatures.
All in all, it takes about 30mins to prepare 10 or so archers, not bad especially as I am in no hurry.

I'll post the cavalry pics later.

Btw, luckily there is now a inspirational tv series airing now. That and good music helps to get into the viking mood while building these!!

Barabarians
..and of course I semi accidentally ordered more barbarians as well. I'ts the product line from Black Tree that I love the most. Some will see action as bersekers in viking ranks too :)





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti