lauantai 30. maaliskuuta 2013

Windsor & Newton series 7 miniature brushes



My preciousssss, sizes 000 to 3
I acquired 6 W&N brushes recently, and christ, they are awesome.


I have painted for 2 years now, and this has been a revelation. I originally was shunned by the price of these, but they are worth every cent.
The thing with these are, that I am happy I got these now and not earlier. The quality would have been lost on me unless I would have known about the normal brushes. So, they will not make anyone a better painter, but they surely will not stand in way.

Lined up and ready to go

If I would have to pick one single feature I like most, it would be the tip. It holds form and has firm feel during painting, you can do really detailed work with even the largest brush. In fact, I have not used the 00 or 000 sizes for anything yet.
Lastly, with the quality brushes, brush care becomes more important. A great and cheap solution is le chat soap. It is available from regular supermarkets, and costs around 3€/piece.

The soap is gentle, and does not spoil the brush. I take a wet brush and gently brush the soap block with it, wetting it couple times in the process. The brush has to be rinsed with warm water after this, to get the soap residue off.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti