lauantai 9. maaliskuuta 2013

Troll update, basecoat done


 A quick update on the troll. I pinned the soles of the feet for better grip to the future base and to the temporary painting base.

I used to hate pinning, but 2 things made it easy. First and foremost, 2 component glue instead of superglue. It really grips the parts and after drying is a lot stronger than superglue. The second was to use paperclips as pins. They are just the right thickness and easy to come by.
After pinning, I basecoated it with black gesso. Its another product I am deviating towards, really good coverage, no fuss with spraying indoors (too low temperature for outdoor spraying) and the control of coverage is absolute.
It is not as sticky as spray paint, but it does not matter after the first paint layer. I also own white gesso, but it seems to be inferior to its black counterpart.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti