tiistai 30. huhtikuuta 2013

Saga, and how to avoid painting an army.

I bought Saga rules, northern fury armybook and jomsviking / viking dice set. The rules are fun and fast to learn, and filled with testosterone. Jomsvikings are the biggest reason I got the set though. Viking mercenaries . There is two words that somehow just rhyme :)


Well, as it happens, jomsvikings do not get levies and archers, so my recently bought 30ish viking archers are useless.. So instead of doing anything useful for my warband I thought I'd pimp up my warlord. He'll be standing on a larger base, but be detachable, so I can change him if I get more intimidating model. The base will have a runestone that I sculpted from baked sculpey. Sculpey is perfect, it bends, but with sufficient force, will break like stone (more or less). After baking it is easily carveable and cuts easily.



I looked few pictures to get some idea how they looked in real life. I went with a dragon with random runes .

I drew the image with a pencil and carved it with hobby knife, brushed it clean, glued it to the base, and washed it with nuln oil to see how it turned out.

Nuln oil brings out the pattern nicely, ready for painting.


Warlord in his place
Next up is basing and painting. I'll go with grey stone and red image, it seems to be the prevalent combination. I really hope I can keep up the intrest for few days to finnish it..



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti