lauantai 7. joulukuuta 2013

Finishing touches on dark elves

I started my old hobby, american football again after 4 years of break. This means besides football practises, also increase of supporting training to help me keep up with my young teammates :)
Ahem, seems that the standard bearer is missing..
So that boils down to less time painting and modelling :( To make the most of my limited time, I made a list of things that need to be done with my WHFB dark elves, and started to go through it. My dark elf army has been painted in bursts so I could have used it in few tournaments. So there have been incomplete painting, missing shields etc.
My goal now is to get all incomplete units done, and then start painting something new for them.
Spearmen go their shields and some grass on the base. I really liked how the red skull turned up, I did them with my air brush in three stages. Took less than 30 minutes (for the skulls).


 Crossbows got grass to their bases..
I thought about making some kind of palisade with leftover shields that could be added to the front of the unit if needed, but did not feel like it in the end.
 Warlocks got eyes, were based, and some blood was added to the swords.
 The color is Tamiya clear red, with some black added here and there. The result is quite nice.
 Finally, the old dark riders got based, they got better standard (snatched from the new riders box), shields (from old spearmen), and to fight the monotony, I made few cloth thingies from greenstuff to hang from few of the spears.
I need to do a pass of matt medium with airbrush for the shine.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti