tiistai 30. joulukuuta 2014

Chindit test figures painted, ready for production.

First batch of Chindits are ready. With these I tried to find a right colours and fast painting scheme. I really need to keep the pace up as there are lot more coming.


The four on the left are the first tries. The green was warmer and highlighted towards yellow.

As a side note, some of the face sculpts are bad. I have gotten used to having really good sculpts from Warlord, but there are really strange ones here. Strange noses, and holes for eyes, I have been using putty to fix whatever I can.
So this was with some models, not all.

 After careful and extensive studies (2 pictures from Osprey), I moved towards colder green. I was a bit hesitant at first as I thought I could not make it work as it has less colour overall, but it's ok. I think I want to try adding something in the deepest shadows in future, violet maybe to warm these a bit.
 The bases are a bit meh. The ground is from matt medium, glass balloons, gravel, static grass mixed with black and brown paint.
Leaf litter is birch seeds obviously, I gathered this fall a lot of it from my yard. The low green vegetation is Noch's flock, my all time favourite.
 Rocks are cork. the moss on the rocks is secret weapon's pigment. I did not like it at first, but I seem to have grown into liking it.
Also, I quickly made some roots and mushrooms from greenstuff. I might leave the mushroms out from future bases.

For the first time I also made larger plants from paper.Excluding the paintjob I think they are great, and really break the monotony of regular grass.
I probably make a howto, they were realtively fast to make too.

1 kommentti: