keskiviikko 3. kesäkuuta 2015

Sculpting a BB goblin and few other WIPs

 I have been itching to do a goblin to my Blood Bowl team, and I finally got around to it.

 I went with a familiar method I've been using before, first the armature, then rough covering of it, bake and harden that, and only then start to work with details.
 Beesputty sticks okay(ish) to the armature, but hardening the first layer makes all remaining steps just so much easier.
I kept the surface uneven so the following layer had cranks and nooks to stick to.
 The body is nearly finished, hands, feet and head are missing. I actually have done the head already, but did not take a picture of it.
The scale of the whole goblin is a bit big, but it is not as tall as a regular human, so I don't care.
 Also, Malekith made a long awaited appearance. There is nothing special here. This is a part of DE minis I bought couple of years mostly repainted and/or assembled. The guy had done really bad job with gluing the miniatures, so I took everything apart, pinned all, glued, and smoothened the seams.
I then cut few of Seraphons back spikes, made a saddle and put mr Malekith there.
Lastly, I made reins from paracord. They are now molded with superglue to look like they have the weight of a real rope.
 Third parallel project was Chindit sniper.
 Nothing special here.
 I really like Mr. Surfacer liquid putty (the white stuff). It forgives all the small mistakes in sculpting.
Last that I finished was another asteroid field for SW Armada. I'll make a small mining colony on it and paint like the first I made.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti