The "Missisippi Queen" is now afloat, unique modelling tip and next project
I got the notorious Watt gang to pose for me during the chastising of "Missisippi Queen" or "African Queen" depending where it will sail :)
In the end I went for simple colour scheme, white and green. The planks I did not paint at all, just brown furniture varnish. I think it went well, the floor looks pretty good.
If there is a problem with this model, it is the upper deck supports. They are way too flimsy and break too easily at least if one tries to make the roof detachable. So I ended up modifying them a bit.
The white parts were painted white, then transparent furniture varnish with a touch of brown for weathering. Lastly bits of vallejo smoke for rust.
There is nicely room to actually play in the boat.
I might add curtains some day.
From these photos I noticed few spots I need to go back with white paint..
Now the modelling tip. It is scent! I went through the bottom of the upper deck with tar. Yes, just regular tar. It makes the whole thing smell really good like old boats do when their wooden parts are tarred :).
The next project is scratchbuilding and uses legs from this crab I bought for shits and giggles 5 years ago from a flea market.
I took them off and pinned and glued then to a slightly different position and discarded the body.
This is the second nearly finished part of that project.
This has been discussed with Antti, so he might know what this'll be, but I guess for others it might not be clear :D