sunnuntai 24. helmikuuta 2019

GW Laketown Houses

For sometime now, I've been coveting for GW's Laketown Houses for no particular reason but that they are very beautiful, and looked like well suited for modding.



 I went ahead and ordered six sets. They are packed with personality, and like I hoped for, are also very adaptable.
They are not overly fantasy themed, so I'd say they fit even real scenarios if need be.
 My main point with them (after the assembly) was to find out a painting scheme that would look good and be fast at the same time.
I tried few things with the small outhouses that come with the set, and finally settled in to two different approaches that in my opinion look pretty good.

The other is more or less wash + drybrush, but I kind of like more the one involving airbrush, hairspray and washing.
This first house was a result of that.
I'm going to do a post when I get the bulk painting going on how to do this.
 The houses have a interior, which I left open to accommodate possible future detailing.
And here are three other houses based grey, waiting for the paintjob.
Like I mentioned, one reason I got these was the good adaptability. Combining two houses gave me a nice village tavern with two integrated privy's and a balcony at the back.
Before I forget, here are the colour/method test dummies.

1 kommentti: