maanantai 1. huhtikuuta 2019

GW Laketown houses painted.

So, here's the rest of the houses, and hairspray weathering for the wooden parts.

 I begin by basing the houses grey, and applying generous amount of Vallejo's sepia shade. It comes in a large container and has that perfect tint for the job.
 This goes to all buildings regardless of the end colour. I tilted them like this to make the wash flow into right crevises to mimic shadows.
 After that a small grey drybrush to accentuate the wood grain and make the thing look dry.
 After that, I airspray baby poop and army painter strong tone to make mold and light variations.
 After that I sprayed wellaflex hairspray generously to the surface and let dry until not wet anymore, about 10 minutes.
 I then apply paint with a light hand to leave some parts unpainted.
 This alone looks pretty ok.
 I then dab a little water to the point I want to remove, and LIGHTLY brush it. This loosens the hairspray and the paint with it, but lets the underlying wood shine through as if it was worn out.
Same thing here. The process easily removes base wood colour as well, so it might be a good idea to seal it with varnish next time.
 I did 2 houses with paint, one with paint and red wash to mimic the colour of an old wooden houses here in Finland. Lastly I just left one house without paintjob altogether.
 I like the end result + it was fast.
 I did a fast colourshift to the windows.
 ..and added chimneys from straws.
..and some other details too.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti