After about 4 evenings of sculpting, the spawn is ready for painting.
There's a lot of stuff I have learned from this, mainly that beesputty is prone to cracking if used in thin places like ankles. Greenstuff is a lot better there as it bends and can take more punishment.
The "sword" hand is made from plasticard, I tried putties, but plasticard is superior for this kind of parts.
I'm pretty proud of the upper back muscles, they came out better than I imagined.
Oh yeah, I had to bend the tail down to earth, and make the wire inside it a third anchor to the base. 2 small legs were not enough to make the miniature steady.