tiistai 24. kesäkuuta 2014

WIP terminator and tip for your paints


I've been painting a GW chaos terminator lord for few days now. I magnetized the arms and head, so I can swap weapons and make the character either lord or sorcerer.



 The model is fantastic, whoever sculpted it really captured the chaos space marine style like I like it, all grim, chains, skulls, and little details.

I'm pretty confident of my NMM gold now, I can paint it pretty fast, and its tabletop quality, but steel on the other hand is lacking a little. I can't seem to produce results with same certainty as with gold, its always either too white or too dark. I have to try saturate the midtones more, maybe that helps..

After this I have the sorcerer head and arms waiting. After those, the dreaded helldrake! (..and 20 cultists)



Lastly, a small tip to help you with your paints.
I bought a bottle of steel BB gun pellets from XXL Sports for about 9 euros. One of these buggers in a paint pot will make the mixing by shaking a hell of a lot easier. And with 1500 pellets you don't necessarily have to recycle them unless you want.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti