lauantai 16. tammikuuta 2016

Self made door mould and treasures

Few weeks back I made a door from Beesputty, and a mold from it with Onymaru.




I then proceeded to cast 2 doors from plaster, glued them together and painted the whole thing.
Due to plaster being wery dry and porous, I basecoated it with gesso/PVA glue mix. It worked very well, and paint wasn't absorbed by plaster as usually.
So, now I have a way to make two sided doors.. :)
The skull pile is also a mold of mine, that was a greenstuff cast to try how it works.
I addition, I did few treasure piles from Thomarrillion, very nice for objectives and such.
The statue is also from Thomarrillion with the pedestal.
A closeup.
A while back, I advertised a great antishine from Liquitex.
I still stand by that claim, it is the best I have ever seen, but a small challenge has surfaced with it. It clogs up the nozzle really easily. No matter if I empty it after every use, it eventually just makes the nozzle stuck.
The bottle is still 2/3 full, and I'm running the 3rd nozzle..
No matter, I will not look back, the finish is exceptional even if I spary the stuff until it pools. It always dries and keeps the colors vivid.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti