maanantai 13. lokakuuta 2014

A bit more progress on the pirate front.

I got few more pirates painted and bases sculpted.


 I havent been busy with the pirates, I'm painting every day, but they present so much fun that I'm taking my time.
I'm pretty much trying something new with every one. The lack of uniform allows me to paint them exactly I want.
Also, I've made some progress in NMM steel. It's not good yet, but I'm experimenting with the saturation and light levels. Thanks to James Wappel, I'm dabbling into colour warmth contrasts (with little success yet).
 The female pirate was a bit of an experiment with brighter colours and pink. Seems that pink likes purple shadows and white highlights. I'm trying to emphasize highlights as much, as I can as they always have been too bland for me.
 This guy got my patented white paintjob for his robe. I also tried adding some warm contrasts due to the robe being cold blue.
Assassins Greed anyone?
 With him, I tried controlled wash. did not work out, the jacket looks dirty. Although it suits a pirate, it wasn't the effect I was aiming for.
New bases in progress. The middle one is specially designed to one of the previous pirates. You can probably guess who :)

2 kommenttia:

  1. Once again fine job! Really like the warm colours of the "lovely" lady. Would be interested of tutorial of that patented white, looks cool!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Its more like a recepie, but sure, I'll do a post on how I paint cold white if you like. I just need to find some other poor pirate that needs pristine white clothing :)

    VastaaPoista