tiistai 28. lokakuuta 2014

Old farmhouse WIP

So, I decided to give a terrain building a try. I have for a long time thought about making a farmhouse, kind of old style with stone first floor and wooden second. The whole thing would be covered with white plaster with some cracks exposing the structure.



The house will be 2 storey high with inside rooms exposed by removing the floors.
Walls are from 5mm cardboard with styrofoam innards (kapalevy). The wooden support structures are from cheap baked sculpey. I thought about making them from wood, but the sculpey can be sculpted to have better wood grain texture than wood.
First floor has 2 rooms, small corridor and staircase. Stairs are 2cm wide, so they hold one 25mm based figure in each step.
Upper floor has one room and the room staircase leads to.
Pirates doing some testing if they fit.
Depending on figure, they'll fit even with upper floor in place.
The door succeeded well in my opinion, also, I made a post from one leftover plank. So there can be a sign of something if needed.
I'm planning on making the plaster from glass balloons mixed with PVA glue and white paint. Right now I have test pieces drying to see how much the mixture will warp the walls.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti