perjantai 22. helmikuuta 2013

GF9 extra large rocky hill


I bought Gale Force 9 extra large rocky hill few days back as a symptom of my ongoing terrain obsession. I have not liked GF9 terrain very much, as they look clumsy and too bulky generally. The hill looked good at the box's cover, and the option would have been to buy foam and start carving, painting and flocking, so I picked the the easy way out, and threw money at the problem.



The piece cost me 24€ and I was prepared to suffer a bit of the usual "impulse buy hangover" I usually get. The product was however high quality and well worth the money, so I ended up being quite pleased of myself.
The nice thing about GF9 terrain is that they come prepainted, and can be used right out of the box. The box came with 2 extremely small bags of GF9 flock and static grass to pimp up the rock. However, with that amount of grass/flock it is impossible to cover that large a hill (or any hill for that matter), so I ended up using my own basing materials, namely Decor Plus Steppe grass, and my favorite, Nochs realistic flock. Lastly I scattered very lightly yellow flower foliage to the grassy areas to make it a bit more interesting.
I also slapped some brown wash here and there while waiting for the glue to dry.
The only quality issue with the hill is that it doesn't sit flat on the table, there is a few mm gap in the between. I think if it starts to bother me more, I'll just fill the gap with pumice.

In the end, I got myself a really nice rocky hill with less than 1 hour of work. I'm definitely going to buy some of the different models as well.






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti