I for some reason thought I'd need terrain at home even though I do my gaming in our club.
Because of this, and the reason that I'm bored in painting, I started making a few test pieces.
|hedges and a berry bush in making|
After gluing, I soaked both pieces with watered down PVA, let dry and repeat. This is time consuming as it takes a long time for watered down PVA to dry. The delay is of course mitigated by starting another project to work on in between, im my case a swamp.
I cut 1.5mm polystyrene to the shape and applied a little sandpaper to prepare the surface to stick to paint and glue better.
|Dry swamp with wet grass|
After it had dried some, I painted little 3d effects for the water parts with thinned down green paint, and faded that down with black paint for the deepest parts.
Before the islands had dried fully, I impatiently glued the grass and flock and put the swamp away to dry.
I'll post an update when the pieces are dry and ready for processing.